Saturday 21 March 2009

I'm working hard on an intellectual look


Yep, spring is finally here. I wake up too early every morning because of the sun and the warmth, there is a fresh wind blowing outside, seagulls and other birds are coming back from south and I stop caring about things. My new spring shoes want to get out, they want to run and play, meet new people and hear some great music.



One of the things that always happen in the springtime is that there is one particular record awaiting me just around the corner, and when I find that album, it sticks into our record player, and into my head and into my heart. Jenny Wilson released her first album "Love and Youth" in 2005 and I spent the whole spring listening to it. The stories that the songs tell are so amazing. So familiar! I'm not sure if I listened to anything else that spring. I was almost afraid to listen to the new album, "Hardships!", because I love the first one so much. But I didn't have to be disappointed - I love the new album too!





Jenny will play three gigs in Finland this May, I've been waiting for it since her last gig at the Flow Festival in 2007. But something I've really been waiting for will happen as soon as tonight, I'm finally going to see Antony and the Johnsons playing live.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ihania kenkiä!

Lulu Pigeon said...

Kiitti, tykkään kans, ovat vielä hurjan hyviä jaloissa...

Maria said...

Wau noita palljettitossuja! ;) Nehän näyttää kuin olisivat metallilla koristeltu ^^ Paljon hienommat ku noi siniset mitkä mun blogissa vilahti :D

Lulu Pigeon said...

Kiits! En ite syttynyt hirveästi noihin valkokärkisiin, mutta noi mustat oli sitten ihan eri henkiset. Ei kyllä kauaa tarvinnut miettiä kun olivat alennuksessa, viimeinen pari ja omaa kokoa. :)