Friday 27 March 2009

Lyckans undulat


This morning I went jogging and took a camera with me. I'm not actually a big fan of digital cameras. I take better pictures with film camera. Taking digital photographs is way too easy. I think photography should be more difficult. Shooting with film requires more thinking and concentration and that can be seen in the results. That's a perfect way to learn to take better photos. (Toy cameras have their own rules.)







If I had been jogging with a film camera, I don't think I would have taken these pictures. I'm a bit old-fashioned; I think that a photograph should be something more than just a pretty picture, it should tell something. And I have dozens of pictures of the same old Töölönlahti, ducks, canes, ice. Well, at least these pictures tell a story of my morning, this morning, jogging in Töölönlahti, ducks, cold breeze, people walking on the ice, dogs walking their people, sunshine, being happy. If I can look these photos again after two or three years and remember that I was happy, these pictures are good enough.

I made some cauliflower curry for dinner and spent the rest of the afternoon by listening to Detektivbyrån, exploring The photographic dictionary and scanning some old photos. This afternoon tastes like raspberries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wautsi! Lenkkeilet samassa maastossa kuin minä mutta en ole koskaan huomannut että siinä olisi noin nättiä!!!

Lulu Pigeon said...

Täytyy juosta tarpeeksi hitaasti ja pysähtyä välillä hengähtämään... ;)