Tuesday 29 September 2009

Close To Paradise



Somewhere between Kotka and Helsinki

Today I was lucky while walking home. I saw a live fox and the minute I opened my home door the rain started.

There are albums for the springtime, records that tell to go out, meet some friends, have a beer, but there are also albums for these stormy autumn days, for staying inside, for rubber boots and blankets. One of my favourites of those albums is Patrick Watson's record Close to Paradise. The music will always remind me of a trip to my boyfriend's hometown, a small town in Western Finland, the raining, driving through the autumn forests, a trip to a lighthouse (I always want to go there when visiting the town!) and the smell of wet clothes.

2 comments:

Onna said...

Oo, ihana tuo laulu. <3 Taidan etsiä käsiini koko levyn.

Lulu Pigeon said...

Ehdottomasti tutustumisen arvoinen!